I am planning to revive writing sooner. Thanks for your patience if you had been waiting.

Google

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Post 15/8. Entreaty with my Self

I can easily portend what most folks will normally relate 15/8 to; given the way it’s written! Ain’t we easily think of it in the likes of 9/11 and 7/7! Well, for those who are still trying to construe, it is a 'Maa tujhe salam' talk on 15th of August 1947, the aftermath.

Enshrine my country, Lord God of supernatural power.
With devout, I seek your divine charm everyday on India, for this day.
We are the descendants of the people who nurtured us with this freedom we exult in.

India is a land of myth. It highly amuses me; to see today’s India with two equally opposing faces. On the dark side is a soul that callously allows terrorism, religious fanaticism, corruption, irresponsible law, order and citizens! blind westernization, all levels of cruelty to fellowmen and what not. On the brighter side, India has an unparalleled culture that still remains untouched by the rest of the world, the glory of ancient civilizations that cradled the spirit of commitment to well being and tolerance, not to forget the relentless progress in education, science and technology.

Amongst them live those few passionate souls who strive and envision a highly developed India. What an excruciating contrast to those freedom fighting years where my homeland witnessed more heroes emerging in the very same soil. Why is my Mother India’s luminescence fading through the years? While I still wish to believe that her beacon is unshakeable more so, immortal.

Inevitably, we are all aware of our sense of duty unto our country, so I choose not to mention it. It’s just that we have drifted from our path towards creating an ultimate reality. An exemplary way of life, to quote in the semblance of the man* who practiced it.

* The man’s name is M KGandhi!